Jessica from @le trouvaille nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I was really surprised and very happy to be nominated. Jessica has been following my blog for a while now and always given me positive feed back on my posts. “Jessica, thanks again for nominating me and all your support.” You should go and have a look at her blog yourself at www.letrouvaille.wordpress.com.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given out by bloggers to fellow bloggers who blog about positive, happy and inspiring content. I think this concept is also a great way of discovering other blogs that leave a positive feeling.
In the spirit of the award I will be nominating in turn 11 bloggers that I love to follow, and if my nominees want to accept the award, I encourage them to read and follow the rules of the award as below:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are my answers to the eleven questions Jessica asked:
- What country are you from?
I was born in Germany but moved to London, UK, in 2010.
- If you were to get me a souvenir from your country, what would you get me?
I would get you a dirndl, a traditional German Bavarian dress, then we could go to the Octoberfest in Munich together and enjoy beer and German food.
- What’s the meaning behind your blog name/handle?
Wanderlust, Wanderlust is a strong desire or impulse to travel and explore the world. Plus One stands for my son Jerome as he always joins us on our travels.
- Coffee or tea and why?
Tea! I used to drink lots of to coffee until I started drinking green tea, which then became an addiction.
- Why did you start blogging?
Every time we would go away travelling I would take a huge amount of photos, combined with the fact that friends always used to ask about us travelling with Jerome to unusual places and then finally having some time between jobs gave me the push to start blogging.
- Have you travelled solo before?
I have been to places on my own, visiting friends or family but not ever completely on my own outside Europe. I would love to though, maybe sometime in the not too distant future.
- What’s a good book you’ve read lately?
I read a lot, about 1-2 books a week at least. I love reading anything from fiction, Japanese crime novels to autobiographies. A book that is still on my mind, is the true story of Sungjun Lee in “Every Falling Star” about his life and final escape from North Korea.
- Which place have you visited that you think has the most beautiful scenery?
This is a really hard one, as I cannot put it down to one place specifically;
– My favourite cityscape is the view from the Mori Tower in Tokyo, Japan.
– My favourite beach and underwater scenery is in the Maldives.
– My favourite landscape scenery would be the Tramuntana mountains on Mallorca, Spain.
- What’s your favourite season?
Definitely summer, I love the heat and the sun on my skin.
- Which is your favourite holiday?
- What is the first place on your travel wish list?
There are still many places and countries that I want to go and visit. Japan is the one place that I still keep coming back to time and time again.
Nominees and Questions
I nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Award. All these blogs are amazing and worth a visit if you have time!
And now my questions for my nominees above are:
- Where would you most like to drink a cup of tea or coffee?
- Which island would you most like to be stranded on?
- Swimsuit, hiking boots or ski suit?
- What would your preferred hotel style be? Modern, traditional, luxury…?
- What’s and where is your favourite museum?
- What are the cities you would most and least like to live in that you have visited?
- Where was your first flight to?
- How many countries have you visited?
- Which language would you like to speak?
- If you could travel back in time to meet a historical figure, who would it be and why?
- Are there any places in the world you would not want to visit, and why?
Looking forward to reading all your answers!