I was over the moon when I found out that I was nominated for another blogging award shortly after the last one. This time it was for the Bloggers Recognition Award and I was recommend by Anne of Horse Addict. I admire her knowledge and writing about these graceful animals and urge you all to have a look at her blog yourself. I also would like to thank her for all the comments on my blog, it always amazes me how many places Anne has travelled and visited throughout the world. I will try my best to match her experience and adventures. You can find her blog at www.horseaddict.net
I will also be recommending others for the next round of the awards as below, and the rules for them accepting the award are as follows:
- Give thanks to the person who had nominated you and a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Briefly tell how you started blogging.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on the nominated blogs and let them know you have nominated them and give a link to the post you have created.
How did I start blogging:
I was in a period between jobs last summer after I had finished working as a personal shopper for one of the big department stores. I started writing to keep me busy while Jerome was at school but also to share my photos wider than just Instagram. I love taking pictures when we are away on holiday or travelling, sometimes to the annoyance of both my boys. It became a way to share experiences about travelling with children as friends and family have always asked me how we manage travel to exotic places with a child. I want to show other parents, who perhaps find it incredibly difficult to go away on holiday with their children, that it is not as hard as they think to experience interesting places. I also want to show with my posts that there are many things to do and places to go beyond the obvious family resorts and tours. My posts are also a great way for my family and friends in Germany and beyond to keep up with our lives as living in London we are not able to see them as often as we used to. I never thought that I would enjoy writing as much as I do. I used to be terrible at essays in school, so it was not my favourite subject by far. It makes me happy to get such positive feedback and be in contact with so many different people and their interests from all over the world.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Concentrate on a topic that you’re passionate about. Without passion your writing will not capture the readers’ imagination and you will not keep going.
- We all have days when we feel down or find it difficult to concentrate and get words onto paper. Keep going, there are people out there who love reading what you write about!
I nominate the following bloggers for the award:
All of these have inspired me to write and post. They have great content on a wide range of topics from Fashion, Photography to Travel and more. I encourage you to dip into them and enjoy them as mush as I do.